Pilot Grove Savings Bank Celebrates 110 Years of Trust, Loyalty & Commitment to the Region
Pilot Grove, IA — Pilot Grove Savings Bank was established on May 12, 1911 when 23 investors pooled $10,000 to meet the banking needs of the local community, paying $4 per month to rent a 20x30 foot building. Since that day, the Bank has continued to grow and prosper, serving customers in Southeast Iowa and the tri-state area as well as many other locations across the country. With customer loyalty on its side, Pilot Grove Savings Bank has prospered throughout the years despite the depression during the 1930's, countless recessions, and rapidly fluctuating farm economies. Now, with 14 offices, more than 100 employees, over $760 million in assets and some of the most technologically advanced banking systems available, Pilot Grove Savings Bank’s main goal remains as it was in 1911 – to serve the customer well.
Photographed is a glimpse of Pilot Grove Savings Bank’s original building taken by Al Stuekerjuergen on April 12, 1916. Also included is a drone shot that captures the home office as it looks today.