The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program for Iowa
Fall of 2020
The 10,000 Small Businesses program focuses on developing skills that you can apply immediately to address the issues most critical to growing your business. The curriculum is broken down as follows:
• The program will begin with a two day Orientation, in person, at the Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) Ankeny Campus
• The next two weeks of the program, scholars will spend 10-12 hours per week from home completing online coursework and engaging in group learning sessions
• Participants will next attend a four-day session at DMACC's Ankeny Campus
• Program participants will then return to online work for the next six weeks, where they spend around 1012 hours per week from home completing online coursework and engaging in group learning sessions
• The final face-to-face session will also be four days and include presentation of growth plans
In addition to the classroom experience, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program will:
• Provide one-on-one advisory services to help you develop and implement your tailored plan for growth
• Provide networks and mentors to help you focus on your most critical business issues and increase business capacity
Application can be found at https://10ksbapply.com/iowa/about. The deadline to apply is June 11th and takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Information about the program:
Informational webinars on the program are scheduled for May 19 at 8:30 (https://DMACC.zoom.us/j/94418818948) and May 25 at 2:00 (https://DMACC.zoom.us/j/94397438938).
Individuals with questions may schedule a time to discuss 1:1 with our Outreach Coordinator, Susan Mitchell, by scheduling a time at: https://calendly.com/sjmitchell
We are also partnering with organizations to host customized webinars or training for businesses in your area that may be interested. All will be virtual at this time, but we have a number of resources we can provide to your area businesses at no cost.
We are offering additional support to our participants including:
- one-on-one business counseling through our Business Advisors
- access to special programming through the Goldman Sachs network created solely for 10KSB alumni
- weekly peer-to-peer learning with our alumni network of over 9,000+ small business owners experiencing similar challenges and concerns
In an effort to help businesses who have applied and meet the minimum requirements, we are inviting applicants to attend our Alumni calls. These calls are intended to connect the 10,000 Small Business Alumni from all across the state, provide them with continuing education, and allow them to discuss best business practices.
Please click below for additional information!