Thank you to First National Bank and Iowa State Bank for starting the Chamber Bucks Challenge! Tim Bower with the Fairfield Manufacturers Association (FMA) has made an additional donation of $500 to the Chamber Bucks Challenge to keep it going. If you are interested in purchasing Chamber Bucks, stop by the Chamber at 204 W. Broadway Avenue in Fairfield or call 641-472-2111.
On March 13th, a joint decision was made between First National Bank and Iowa State Bank to purchase $2,000 in Fairfield Chamber of Commerce Bucks, to be randomly distributed to customers of both banks. The giveaway was an effort to help provide support to the local business community and encourage people to “shop local” during these uncertain times.
Today, First National Bank and Iowa State Bank are once again partnering with the Fairfield Area Chamber of Commerce to create a stimulus program to support our local businesses: The Chamber Bucks Challenge. Every time someone purchases a $40 Chamber Bucks certificate, First National Bank and Iowa State Bank will each contribute an additional $5. With the banks’ contribution, that Chamber Bucks certificate will immediately increase in value to $50. By providing an additional +20% value to the purchaser, the banks hope to stimulate Chamber Bucks sales, and thus generate more spending at local businesses.
This offer will be limited to the first $10,000 in Chamber Bucks certificates sold by the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce. Including the earlier contributions of First National Bank and Iowa State Bank on March 13th, the total benefit created for Fairfield is $12,000.
In related news, the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors announced that any local business will be eligible to accept Chamber Bucks through 2020. Chamber Board President Vanessa Willman, “Now is the time for us to support all businesses in Fairfield. By working together, as a community, we can help each other get through this incredibly challenging time”.
All members of the community are encouraged to purchase Chamber Bucks from the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce:
1. Call 641-472-2111, or go to the Chamber of Commerce at 204 West Broadway, between 9A-5P Mon-Fri. Have your cash or check ready to make either a $40 or $80 purchase, and we will hand you an envelope with either $50 or $100 in Chamber Bucks (in increments of $10). While the main office is closed to the public, we will be there to handle transactions through the doorway.
2. Present the Chamber Bucks at any business in the Fairfield area, like cash, it’s that simple. Remember that with Chamber Bucks you cannot receive cash back from the store, so save them for purchases over $10.
3. Chamber Bucks have a one-year expiration date but if you forget about them, or are waiting to spend them at a business that may currently be closed, you can bring them back to the Chamber office and we will renew them for you.
4. There is no processing fee, so 100% of your purchase goes to local businesses.
5. Purchases are limited to either $40 or $80 per customer at this time (you receive $50 or $100!).
First National Bank and Iowa State Bank encourage everyone in the community to take the Chamber Bucks Challenge. Purchase $40 worth of Chamber Bucks, let us increase it to $50, and utilize it at any local business right away. Better yet, pay it forward and gift your Chamber Bucks to someone in need during these trying times. Either way, you will play a meaningful part in helping our local economy.
For more information about Chamber Bucks, please visit the Chamber Bucks page!